Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Baked Peach Pancakes



One food item I have truly missed since I moved here to New Zealand ten years ago is Bisquick. It is just so easy to use and very convenient to have on hand in the cupboard. Unfortunately it is virtually unavailable here, but just recently I was browsing some food categories on TradeMe New Zealand which is the New Zealand equivalent of eBay and I found a lovely lady that had some for sale which she had brought over from the States. So I immediately bought 6 large boxes and found myself in seventh heaven. I hadn't used any for ten years so this was definitely heaven sent as far as I was concerned. Now I know many of us are Gordon Ramsay fans and I would probably get a "white thumbs down" if he ever knew I was using anything but the natural ingredients from scratch, but sorry Gordon we all have a comfort zone and now was my chance to get busy in the kitchen again making some great Bisquick goodies. I thought you might all enjoy a great recipe for Baked Peach Pancakes....using Bisquick of course, and I will include the recipe here for you, but for those of you who prefer the "from scratch method" it is here for you as well.



Baked Peach Pancakes (Bisquick Style)

Ingredients

1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
3/4 cup milk
4 eggs
2 medium Green Giant® Fresh peaches, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar



Directions

1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Place 2 tablespoons butter in each of two 9-inch pie plates. Heat in oven until melted.
2. Stir together Bisquick, milk and eggs. Arrange half of the peach slices in each pie plate. Divide batter evenly between pie plates. Stir together sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.

Or


Baked Peach Pancakes From Scratch

4 eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
4-5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
Directions
Beat eggs and add sugar, milk, oil and salt. Add flour and mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Butter two 9 inch round cake pans and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange peach slices on pans and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar and brown sugar. Dot with butter. Pour batter over peaches and bake 30-35 minutes until top is golden.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment