Monday, July 7, 2008

Pineapple Smoothie

Although it is quite cold here in New Zealand right now, I have spoken with several family members and friends up in North America and all I am hearing is how hot it has been. I am quite envious actually and I would swap weather with any of you in a heartbeat. So I have decided to share something refreshing from the heat with all those sweating in those hot spots all over America and elsewhere. A nice Pineapple Smoothie should do the trick. I have always loved pineapple during the summer especially, and even now we enjoy having fresh pineapple here in the winter months as well. I love to munch on it, and I really do enjoy cooking with it too. Pineapple is terrific on homemade pizzas, and great in a pork stir fry too. Give it a try!

Here's your Smoothie!

Ingredients:

2 c. orange juice
2 (16 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
4 med. bananas
4 tsp. sugar
2 (16 oz.) carton plain yogurt
2 c. crushed ice


Directions:

Combine all ingredients except yogurt in blender and process until smooth.

Add yogurt and process until blended.

Garnish with a pineapple .

No comments:

Post a Comment